Long Lawford, Warwickshire
Lawford, Long, a village, a township, and a chapelry in Newbold-upon-Avon parish, Warwickshire. The village stands near the river Avon, 3 1/2 miles N by W of Rugby, and has a post office under Rugby; money order and telegraph office, Rugby. Acreage of the township, 1715; population, 752. There are limeworks. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Newbold-upon-Avon, in the diocese of Worcester. the church was built in 1839, and is in the Pointed style. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5